I thought I would start by sharing a bit of my heart, and what you will find in the coming posts to this blog.
I have been a student of the bible my whole life. My father was a minister, so I’ve had a hunger for understanding from a very young age. This has given me a great passion to be a student of social science. I’ve wanted to understand what causes people to do what they do, and the frustrations that undergird a lot of the things that are going on in our society. I’ve wanted to understand the things that drive people and the things that bring healing to humanity. I have not only been a student of the bible but I’ve also been a student of understanding what makes people tick, and the psychological reasons behind those actions and reactions. The bible is the ultimate book of insight into the human psyche. It’s very natural for me to draw from the wisdom of the bible and parallel it with the human experience. We can, and should, think of the Word of God as our plumb line, which is a simple construction tool that lets the builder know if a structure is square. The Word of God is much more than that, but its fundamental purpose is to guide us in the proper building of our human character, aligning us with Christ’s character.
Blessings to you always!
Shopping Girl
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment